Do you need to do a Pass Plus course?
All our pupils will be confident in town centres and on dual carriageways before they take their driving test.
And when they’re ready to take their driving test we also offer them motorway driving tuition – at no extra cost.
But if you didn’t learn to drive with us, you might not have had the same experience. So our Pass Plus course may be what you need!
What is Pass Plus?
Pass Plus is an advanced driving course that teaches you how to anticipate, plan for and deal with many hazards that you probably haven’t encountered before.
Taking a Pass Plus course might mean your insurance is cheaper (Try Direct Line or Churchill) but the main benefit is the experience you get driving on fast country roads, city centre and on motorways.
Pass Plus will help you become a safer and more confident driver.
The six hour course is good value at £150 (£120 if you passed your driving test with us) but you could reduce the cost even more. Lincolnshire County Council sometimes subsidise the cost of this life saving advanced driver training. Email email@example.com or call 01522 805 800 for details.
What you will learn
You will be taught how to drive on motorways, in busy town centres, how to drive at night, on fast country lanes, in poor weather and more. . .
Build on your existing skills and knowledge
It can take years to become a skilled driver. PASS PLUS helps get you there by speeding up the learning process under expert tuition.
Reduce your risk of being in a road crash
The course will help boost your awareness of all kinds of hazards and help you learn how to anticipate, plan for and deal with them safely.
Boost your confidence
If you feel nervous driving on your own, the PASS PLUS training can help you become more confident on the roads.
Give peace of mind to your loved ones
PASS PLUS consists of six practical modules which cover driving in town, in all weathers, on rural roads, at night, on dual carriageways.
- The course lasts 6 hours and can either be taken in 2 sessions of 3 hours or 1 session of 6 hours with rest breaks.
- You receive a free 50 page Pupil’s Guide book with the course
- Course sessions are held in the mornings, afternoons and evenings, – you can take the whole course in 1 day or over 2 days or evenings. You don’t take a test at the end, instead you will be assessed and awarded a Pass Plus certificate.
Click here to book your Pass Plus course today!
All-Weather Driving, which includes:
- Correct speed
- Safe stopping distances
- Seeing and being see in rain, sleet, snow and ice
- Skidding, cause and prevention, correcting slow-speed skids, braking on poor surfaces, aquaplaning
Driving Out Of Town, which includes:
- Observation of the road ahead
- Making progress safely
- Bends, hills, uneven roads, dead ground
- Keeping a safe distance from the vehicle ahead
- Overtaking safely
- Being aware of and showing consideration for pedestrians, horse riders, animals in the road, farm entrances and slow-moving vehicles.
Driving on Dual Carriageways, which includes:
- Effective observation
- Use of mirrors and checking blind areas
- Judgment and planning well ahead
- Safe separation distances
- Joining and leaving dual carriageways
- Lane discipline
- Correct use of speed
Driving On Motorways, which includes:
- Planning journeys in advance
- Joining and leaving motorways
- Using slip roads properly and effectively
- Safe speeds for varying circumstances
- Effective all-round observation
- Signs, signals and markings
- Overtaking and lane discipline
- Courtesy towards other road users
- Motorway fatigue
- Breakdown procedures
- Use of lights and hazard warning lights
- Debris on the carriageway
Night Driving, which includes:
- The importance of the correct use of headlights
- Adjusting to dark conditions
- Judging speed and distances
- Correct use and care of lights
- Dealing with dazzle
- Road users who can be difficult to see