Tips, handouts and on-line driving lessons
These tips, handouts and on-line driving lessons are designed for anyone who is learning to drive.
They will help you pass your theory test, make you a safe, confident driver and help you get the most out of your driving lessons with your driving instructor.
If you need help with any of the topics, ask your instructor or call/text me (Steve Watson) on 0784 0055 462 or click here to send me an email.
Before you begin, find out what the emergency services call The Fatal Four. It could save your life.
Driving tips and information
- My dad only took ten driving lessons before he passed his test!
- How to overtake safely
- Are you too old to learn to drive?
- How to deal with emergency services vehicles
- Do speed limits matter?
- It's 30 for a reason!
- Driving in the snow
- Let them merge!
- All about traffic lights
- Learner driver insurance
- Fog lights - when to use them and when NOT to use them
- Drink driving - the consequences
- Viagra, plums, dogs, car tax and weak excuses.
- What to do if someone is following you
Driving lesson tips
- Learning to drive and dyspraxia
- Why cheap driving lessons might be the most expensive way to learn to drive
- How to overcome driving lesson nerves
- Driving on the motorway - a guide for learner drivers
- Turning left
- How to emerge safely at closed give way junctions
- Meeting vehicles - video
- How to change gear smoothly
- Joining and crossing dual carriageways
- How to move off safely on a hill (the hill start)
- Roundabouts - a complete guide
- Scanning - it keeps you safe!
- Cross hatched lines - can you drive on them?
- The emergency stop
- Stay safe! If you don't know...don't go!!
- Pull push steering - it easy if you know how!
- Common steering faults - and how to fix them
- How to move off...safely...POM
- Yellow box junctions
- MSPSL - how to approach a junction or hazard safely.
- Observations at junctions - NEW
- Make the most of your driving lessons