The exemption to this is if you are receiving disability living allowance at the higher rate your provisional license can come into effect when you are 16, again you can apply for it up to three months before your 16th birthday.
You can apply for your provisional driving license either online or by post.
You can apply online for your 1st British provisional driving license if you:
- Are a resident of Great Britain.
- Meet the minimum age requirement.
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement.
- Are currently not prevented from driving for any reason.
- Can pay £50.00 by Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card.
- Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity.
- Be able to provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years.
To apply online: https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence
The DVLA will normally send your driving license to you within two weeks of you submitting your application.
Then give me a call and book your first driving lesson!!