How we teach driving skills
During your driving lessons you’ll be taught everything you need to know to be a safe driver…not just how to pass a driving test.
We'll teach defensive driving skills and encourage attitudes and behaviour that will keep you safe on the roads when you're driving on your own, with friends or family and in all types of road and weather conditions.
We'll help you progress through the DVSA approved syllabus and encourage you to advance through three advancing skill levels:
- Performing a skill under full instruction.
- Performing a skill correctly with prompting.
- Performing a skill consistently and without prompting.
As well as being able to drive safely in all traffic conditions and in a variety of places, you'll be taught how to drive on rural roads and on fast dual carriageways. Well also teach you skills that you won't be tested on but are definitely essential. Skills like:
- Parking in a multi-story car park;
- Visiting a fast food drive through;
- Filling the car with fuel (we'll pay for it!);
- Programming a sat nav and what to do if it stops working.
We'll also help you get ready for your driving test by conducting mock driving tests that include independent driving and the Show Me, Tell Me Q&A.
When you've had some experience driving on dual carriageways and overtaking you'll also have the opportunity to learn how to drive safely on motorways before your take your driving test. At no extra cost.